Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Thumpity Thump Thump!

A lot has changed since my last post. Caleb and I have officially moved out of our house that will be signed over to the new homeowners tomorrow....why is this important in the baby-step journey? Because for the next few months...it will be a lonnggggg lonelyyyy summmeerrrr :-( My baby's daddy has moved to Lynnwood and I am in Camas...approximately 5hours apart, just like Seattle to Pullman when we were dating. Good thing we are going to get our smartphone soon, so we can have unlimited talk time and texting through free apps! This way, the baby daddy can stay in touch the baby progress remotely!

Since the baby is coming in a few months, we decided to increase our term life insurance to a more suitable amount. That means we needed to do blood draw, urine test etc. When the phlebotomist drew my blood, I noticed how plumpy my arm was! I thought that my fingers/hand/feet would be the most noticeable, but I didn't pay attention to my arm! How nice to know that I am gaining weight. I started off pre-pregnancy at about 108lbs and am now about 114lbs (17weeks I guess) I hope I gain weight gradually as oppose to gaining it all during the 3rd trimester...the midwife said stretch marks occur easier when the skin does not have time to slowly stretch along with the growth.

Speaking of my midwife, we met the midwife that is to deliver our baby; the same lady that delivered my niece and nephew - Charlotte something haha We got to listen to the baby's heartbeat for the first time! It was very exciting, since I don't feel too many effects of pregnancy, it is nice to know the baby's heart is beating strongly inside!


2 comments:

  1. So special gettin to hear the heart beat!! Thank u for sharing that!
    Charlotte Geddis is so wonderful! I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for taking the video, Hols!

    ReplyDelete